Ka-62 high-speed commercial transportation helicopter
The Kamov Ka-62 is light high-speed multipurpose helicopter and it is intended for commercial transportation of up to 14 passengers, for transportation of up to 2 tons non-bulky cargoes inside the cabin and up to 2.7 tons cargoes by external sling system. The helicopter is equipped with two Ardiden-3G (or RD-600) turbo-shaft engines and features maximum take-off weight of 6.5 tons. The helicopter features multifunctional integrated avionics suite, passenger cabin with high level of comfort and blades, air intakes and engines ice protection system. Level ﬂight max speed is 300 km/h, cruise speed is 270 km/h, ﬂight range is 780 km. Crew size (1 or 2) members depending on helicopter modiﬁcation. Progress JSC (Aviation Enterprise by name of Sazykin) situated in Arseniev plans to start the Ka-62 small-size production by 2012 and to arrange the serial production of the helicopters by 2014.
The Kamov Ka-62 is designed in compliance for the Russian and International Airworthiness Regulations (AP-29 and FAR/JAR-29) and Rules for offshore operations. It meets the Russian and International Standards on reliability, time limits, ﬂight safety, comfort, serviceability and operability.
Passenger transportation standard equipment set comprises 12 shock-absorbing seats, heating and ventilation system, up-to-date interior with plastic upholstery providing high-level comfort (noise level does not exceed 85 decibel), baggage compartment made of ﬁre-resistant material and equipped with ﬁre warning system. The airframe is pressurized to avoid atmospheric precipitations and dust intrusion. 60% of airframe structure is made of composite materials.
Helicopter is capable to operate with ambient temperatures from-30 С without engines and systems warming up to +45 С. Various mission equipment sets allow different applications of the Kamov Ka-62 including such versions as passenger/cargo transportation, SAR, medical ambulance and VIP. The design enables the Customer to perform on-condition maintenance with routine maintenance provided by crew members.
Ka-62 equipment layout envisages the installation of optional systems. Optional equipment comprises:
- dust protection systemat Ardiden-3G engine inlet (PD-600 engines are equipped with the in-built dust protection system)
- in-built engine washing system.
The Kamov Ka-62 features:
- single rotor conﬁguration with shrouded anti-torque multi-blade rotor in ﬁn
- multipurpose application
- all-weather and twenty-four-hour operability
- high comfort of passenger cabin
- rates as a helicopter of new class in Russia
It is demanded for:
- transportation tasks in the offshore zones of Russian Northern area, CIS, China, Iran, India, Gulf of Mexico, etc.
- SAR (search and rescue) operations, environmental monitoring
- passenger, service personnel and special equipment transportation
- special missions
For more information see military version Kamov Ka-60 Kasatka.
Kamov Ka-60 Video
- Kamov Ka-25 (Navy)
- Kamov Ka-27 (Navy)
- Kamov Ka-28 (Navy)
- Kamov Ka-29 (Navy)
- Kamov Ka-31 (Navy)
- Kamov Ka-50 Werewolf (Army)
- Kamov Ka-50N Nochnoy
- Kamov Ka-50-2 Erdogan (Army)
- Kamov Ka-52 Alligator (Army)
- Kamov Ka-60 Kasatka (Army)
- Kamov Ka-26 (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-32 (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-62 (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-115 (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-126 (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-226 (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-226T (Civilian)
- Kamov Ka-92 (Civilian – in development)